Sunday, July 26, 2015

Pellon Dress


Growing up I had a lot of free time on my hand. So I spent a lot of my time doing lots of little arts and crafts projects. I played around with paper a lot and now that I'm older I'm not able to do as much of these arts and crafts projects but its nice to infuse them into stuff I do now. So here is my version of an origami fold called the "Magic Ball" made into a dress. The dress is made from pellon fabric which can be folded like paper and holds its shape. The skirt is held together with an elastic band at the waist and strands of yarn pulling the bottom of the dress up from the inside to give it that bubble effect. The bandeau top is free formed from a bunch of random folds I made on a strip of pellon. And over all I had a great time creating this dress. It was fun free forming and seeing what Is would come up with and it was a lot of fun being flashed back to my childhood constructing this dress. Hope you enjoy it as much I do, until next time....

XOXO - Jelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment